Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Surely Alan doesn't think Harpielosi won this? If so, think again.
============================

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:53 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

BREAKING

Nancy Pelosi accuses Trump of influencing voters in 2016 Presidential Election

Jan 27, 2019 at 2:02 AM | Registered Commentertomo

I think St Hillary influenced voters too.

Jan 27, 2019 at 6:29 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Jan 26, 2019 at 11:53 AM | Supertroll

Definitely not a Trump victory, nor a victory for US Politicians. Democrats may well be celebrating

Jan 27, 2019 at 6:53 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

I agree with GC, not a victory for politicians, a definite defeat for Trump's deal-making bluster, and a partial victory for Federal workers. Reserve judgement until three weeks have past to determine if Trump wishes to trash his ratings any further.

Jan 27, 2019 at 7:45 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

The arithmetic of Congress (and RINOs in The Senate) dictate that a longer game needs to be played. I'm reading that there are a number of Democrats in congress who aren't on board with Pelosi-Schumer.

What's curious is that apparently the committee that is notionally tasked with wall / border things has members from both parties who don't have constituencies on the southern border (Canada yes, Mexico no....).

It isn't unreasonable to think that the present migrant "caravan" en route to Tijuana might end up being counter productive - the entirely cynical recruitment of women, kids and one legged bicycle repair men needs a closer look. I wouldn't be surprised if the El Chapo trial yields some curious relationships between US politics and border policy.

Jan 27, 2019 at 11:30 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Well, Alan, the deal isn't finished yet.

He may well have to set the hook, really tag the Dems with crime, and then, deal.

You know he can build the barrier without the help of the Dems, thereby keeping a campaign promise. Furthermore any further crimes by illegales, opps, undocumented, are on the Dems forever more.

Of course, I'm not privy to his thinking, but he seems to hold a lot of trump cards.
=================================

Jan 27, 2019 at 8:17 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Senator Rubio on Trump’s wall here
At the saying goes he would S***t if well fed

Jan 27, 2019 at 8:30 PM | Unregistered CommenterGeoff

Democrats may be celebrating. They have thwarted Trump, but as Kim points out, they can now be blamed for future problems resulting from Border Security issues.

In Pelosi, they now have a Top Democrat to lead them, but I am guessing that she will not run for the Democrat Nomination. Sanders and his Team have not gone away, even if he does not stand, they still blame St Hillary, and will be influential amongst Democrats.

Democrats closed ranks and got behind St Hillary, then they could all unite against Trump, which they are still doing. Team Sanders (anti St Hillary) and Team Obama/Clinton are still committed to full fat Green Blob Climate Science. Should a Democrat Nominee reject Green Blob politics, and promise to keep getting the US back to work, doing useful things, the Democrat Nomination process could involve some Green Swampy Mud-Flinging. Pelosi has backed the Green Blob previously.

I think Trump would prefer a Green Blob Democrat to run against him.

Jan 27, 2019 at 9:44 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

So....

Roger Stone brought it on himself then

Jan 28, 2019 at 9:45 AM | Registered Commentertomo

30 Democrats have sent a letter to Pelosi :

the letter lays out a process that would guarantee a House vote — but not passage — on the $5.7 billion Trump has requested in border wall funding, as well as other funding he is seeking for border security needs.

The BBC ?.... crickets...... they do manage a hagiography of Nancy though...

Jan 29, 2019 at 12:11 AM | Registered Commentertomo

" .. they do manage a hagiography of Nancy though..."
Jan 29, 2019 at 12:11 AM | tomo

That is roughly my point from a few days ago. St Hillary never formally stepped down as the Democrats spiritual leader in opposition. Now they can unite behind Pelosi, just in time for the Democrat infighting to resume.

Pelosi could become a useful Caretaker Manager for the Democrats, but only if she stays clear of campaigning rivalries.

Jan 29, 2019 at 10:10 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Nancy's mailbox gets another missive

This time from spouses of Border Patrol employees .... it's covered by Fox News - Beelzebub's news channel.

Jan 29, 2019 at 8:37 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Well, Alan, the deal isn't finished yet.

He may well have to set the hook, really tag the Dems with crime, and then, deal.

You know he can build the barrier without the help of the Dems, thereby keeping a campaign promise. Furthermore any further crimes by illegales, opps, undocumented, are on the Dems forever more.

Of course, I'm not privy to his thinking, but he seems to hold a lot of trump cards.
=================================
Jan 27, 2019 at 8:17 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Yes. Politics may occasionally be about trying to get credit for something ('good') that has happened, whether deserved or not.

But more often it is about who gets the blame for something that has not happened, or the blame for something 'bad'. That will only become clear when all is done and dusted, if indeed it is at all by the time of the next election. We saw how well that worked for the media and their preferred candidate last time.

The main thing that bemuses me is why this only occurred now, after Trump had been in office for two years and just after control of the House has just changed hands. Why on earth did it not happen when there was a Republican majority? Was this confrontation part of some plan? It seems slightly bizarre.

Jan 30, 2019 at 5:33 AM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

FBI Head of Counter Intelligence Bill Priestep connects some dots (when questioned by Members of Congress) - that make it look like partisan political manipulation of the FBI at the highest levels took place and that some of the recipients of promotion took care not to let their colleagues see their allegiances etcetera..... intrigue on the FBI 7th Floor and at the DOJ at the behest of Obamah / Clinton operators really does look like the leading explananation of what went down...

If you've been following this - this is worth a few minutes of your time.

Feb 2, 2019 at 12:47 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Pointman argues that it may be time to re-jig the FBI.

It seems fairly obvious (to me anyway) that where misconduct in found out that the punishment for over-reach or willful targeting of innocents for PR or political purpose (hello Mr. Mueller) should include sanctions that are a deterrent to future transgressions ... in Mueller's and some of his teams cases that should include heavy personal fines and pensionectomies.

Feb 2, 2019 at 1:08 PM | Registered Commentertomo

The BBC feature a glowing tribute a profile of Robert Swan Mueller III - prominently linked from the web site front page.

No mention or Enron or Iceland or his longtime chum/sidekick Andrew Weissman or their preferred MOs.

A hagiography even

Feb 3, 2019 at 9:42 AM | Registered Commentertomo

It looks like the pack of goons that piled in on the schoolkids at The Lincoln Memorial a while back (and didn't apologise / retract) are getting erm.... proper legal letters like.... HERE 7 lawyers a-lawyer'n.

Oh Dear, How Sad , Never Mind....

Feb 3, 2019 at 2:50 PM | Registered Commentertomo

The Democrat's party machine in action

Faking "Russian bots" and smearing the competition.

Notable that NBC simply must have been on board with the fakery - not simply incurious dupes. Another example of the MSM seeking to run the story rather than report it - or something like that.

Feb 4, 2019 at 9:57 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Legals on the "liberals" case... - it's being suggested that the lawyers might widen the scope to include the BBC web site - potentially giving @suttonnick a multiple dose of the Harry Webbs - which would be fun.

That'd be @Barnes_Law going pro-bono or @LLinWood - they should start by poking around the (sometimes jarringly) different content that BBC serves up to the USA

Feb 4, 2019 at 1:02 PM | Registered Commentertomo

When the politicians and estate agents are generally more trustworthy than than the media, then I can't help feeling that there is something seriously amiss.

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:49 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

Feb 5, 2019 at 11:49 PM | michael hart

That is something you won't read in the newspapers.

Feb 6, 2019 at 1:03 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Pelosi's face during Trump's State of the Union, did indicate some disunity.

Her range of facial impressions can now be used to assess her sense of unity, as Democrat candidates present their manifestos and seek her support in reversing Trump's efforts to get the United States of America to work again.

Feb 6, 2019 at 7:50 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

michael hart

yep - there are a few that are worth following but the reaction to the flow of information via independent means has got many of them wrong footed and quite dim decisions are being taken about reducing costs which compromise the general ability of the media to deploy actual reporters to delve a bit deeper into events - the industry hasn't embraced the established independent sector like Tim Pool and Luke Rudkowski - they merely steal their content.

Then again. there is an increasing propensity to view themselves as part of the story - Sky News' festooning the newsroom with cameras and microphones swerves the issue of their lame + derivative "BBC News lite" output - and then - we've the BBC in particular the Harrabin who organised the 28gate eco bunfight + soiree in a brazen attempt to set the agenda.

Feb 6, 2019 at 11:11 AM | Registered Commentertomo