Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Rod Liddle Jan 2017 seems appropriate:

I'm not sure about Donald Trump - but if these idiots are against him - maybe he's got a point

ST

now (rather narrowly...) if Labour were invited by The Home Office / Border Farce to attend a briefing about cross channel migrant problems and they refused to attend - on the basis that it didn't accord with their policy on the matter - how do you reckon that might go down with Joe Public?

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:08 AM | Registered Commentertomo

"Don't worry Trumpsters, Rashida Tlaib, Nancy Pelosi and their ilk will soon be smitten by the dreaded TRUMP CURSE and suffer bad luck or negative karma. As sure as eggs is eggs.
Jan 8, 2019 at 9:49 AM | Supertroll"

As the Democrat ladies are proposing to reoxidise the US Rust Belt, there may be eggs on them thar faces.

Why can't politicians abandon Climate Science?

Jan 8, 2019 at 10:38 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Tomo I don't believe I was commenting upon this matter. I also don't know the reason why Pelosi and others gave for not attending the meeting. Nor am I aware of any political ramifications surrounding that meeting (do you?). Accordingly I should not comment (should you have done?)

Jan 8, 2019 at 11:05 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

GolfCharlie. Can you reoxidize rust, which already is an oxide?

Jan 8, 2019 at 12:01 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

ST - various US news outlets (both notionally Dem + Rep) covered that - and the reasons don't appear to be disputed - the Dems would not attend as to do so might expose them acknowledging that immigration from S. America (and elsewhere) is a problem.... whereas Pelosi, Schumer & Co. see it as an opportunity - natch.

The political ramifications....? - well, obviously that's down the line a bit and out of the range of most crystal balls.

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:25 PM | Registered Commentertomo

some Trump fans definitely go too far ....

The last time I saw something like this it was a 50m high mural of Saddam Hussein on a tower block in Karachi....

Jan 8, 2019 at 1:41 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Well Tomo that must be the first political issue ever where the explanation appears to be undisputed. And Pelosi + chums acknowledge it as well? Absolutely bloody amazing!!!

Jan 8, 2019 at 2:58 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

ST - go look for yourself - Pelosi and Schumer seem OK with it from what I've seen (and that categorically isn't everything) - it looks like they want to portray themselves in this particular case as standing up to DJT - and it's remarkable in some ways when they won't it seems claim any credit for several bipartisan bills that have recently been passed....

It's deranged

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM | Registered Commentertomo

elsewhere

DJT trolls The Berlaymont nabobs

President Trump downgraded the EU delegation's diplomatic status in Washington but "conveniently forgot to notify" Brussels. They only realised when their "Ambassador" stopped getting invites to key gatherings..

Jan 8, 2019 at 8:49 PM | Registered Commentertomo

President Donald Trump vowed Wednesday to let the shutdown continue for 'whatever it takes' as he stormed Capitol Hill to convince Republicans to stick with him on day 19 of the government closure.

Trump walked up the steps of the U.S. Capitol building to have lunch with Senate Republicans, who have been showing signs of impatience with his demand for full funding of his border wall in order to reopen the government.

'How long are you willing to let this shutdown last, Mr. President?' a reporter asked him as he strode down the ornate hallway outside the Senate chamber.

Whatever it takes,' Trump replied.

More on Trump’s Wall - here

Jan 9, 2019 at 7:51 PM | Unregistered CommenterDouglas
Jan 10, 2019 at 12:41 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Jan 8, 2019 at 5:22 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Did you really mean to say to ST - "ST - go look for yourself"?

"Look" has always been a difficult word to spell.

(And why "for"?)

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:38 AM | Unregistered CommenterCharly

Today - Saturday 12th January 2019 - The Guardian headlines a "Trump-Russia" story citing that the FBI opened an inquiry in May of 2017.

Given what has emerged this looks like quite epic tosspottery - but , sigh .... it's The Guardian. The only take away seems to be that the present Democrat leadership still think that the Trump-Russia thing has legs and that the Guardian's USA office is employing some weapons grade eejits.

One has to wonder at what point they will provoke DJT into simply releasing a few key documents. If the dope that wrote up the story had a calendar and a highlighter - coupled to even a trivial understanding of how FBI investigations are supposed to be launched and was aware of the released parts of Lisa Page's recent interview - he might have chosen to write up something about transgender pet dogs eating bluebottles.

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:09 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Trump is a white supremacist !!

In case you miss her name - Pramila Jayapal (D) Seattle.

Seattle seems to be little India to nearby Vancouver's little China.

Jan 12, 2019 at 9:45 AM | Registered Commentertomo

According to my friend Wikki Seattle has an Asian Indian population of only 0.3%. So Seattle has only a teeny-weeny India, compared with Vancouver's 30% Chinese - so a bloody great not so "little" China.

Jan 12, 2019 at 12:43 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

ST

agreed there - subjectively though - I'm quite surprised at that Seattle percentage - on an unscientific day to day subjective assessment (over some few months) I'd have imagined Seattle was nudging into double digit Indian-ness.

Jan 12, 2019 at 2:59 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Elsewhere

who is Marc Turi?

Jan 12, 2019 at 8:21 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Apparently ABC news ran a 2 hour special last Thursday (19th Jan) about The Clintons esp. Bill. It was not - in the accounts I'm seeing - a exercise in flattery.

Is the US media prepping to "throw them under the bus"? Hillary's stubborn refusal to step aside must have nettled some in the Democratic Party - is this evidence of push back - or just TV tattle?

There has been a purportedly devastating investigation of the Clinton Foundation in Arkansas which looks to have been suppressed in DC -> some leaking going on?

Jan 13, 2019 at 9:12 AM | Registered Commentertomo

DJT "The Wall" in Spanish

Jan 13, 2019 at 9:47 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Jan 13, 2019 at 9:12 AM | tomo

Climate Science can't afford to push the Holy Hockey Teamsters under a bus, as they should have done it 20 years ago.

Democrats need to think about placing police cones, official barriers and cordons in the Bus Lanes, everytime Team Clinton staggers into one.

Team Sanders is still upset about losing the Presidential Nomination and hence the Presidential Election. Team Sanders now backs AO-C (whether she runs or not) They can't be too happy about the deployment of all those cones, barriers and cordons, or the Government employees that keep fixing them.

Trump can demonstrate patience.

Jan 13, 2019 at 10:16 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Democrats are running out of patience

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/01/13/democrats-failing-to-control-alexandria-ocasio-cortezs-green-revolution/

Jan 13, 2019 at 11:30 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

It ought to be a non-story by now, but the BBC is busy ragging on the US President again for mocking the fake 'native American' Elizabeth Warren.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-46867221

The BBC appear to not even realize what a fool she made out of herself with the results of her DNA tests.
Is there anybody left at the BBC who can tell the difference between their arse and a hole in the ground?

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM | Unregistered Commentermichael hart

michael hart

Talking about arses - I see the BBC is trying on the Brexit bogroll scare even before we get Corbyn's Chavistas in Gubbermint.

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:34 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Andrew Weissmann - seems like one leopard that doesn't change his spots (see his antics wrt Enron) - somebody it seems arranged for evidence of Mueller investigation prosecutorial misconduct to disappear. - from the court records....

What was that about Judge Dabney Friedich ?

Swamp? - more of a cesspit.

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:17 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Is there anybody left at the BBC who can tell the difference between their arse and a hole in the ground?

Jan 14, 2019 at 8:17 PM | michael hart

Some of them use the softest bog roll to shine their elbows

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:26 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie