Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Steele may be an ex-spook, but Pablo Miller is still on the payroll.

https://wikispooks.com/wiki/Pablo_Miller

BBC viewers haven't been told much about "diplomatic correspondent" Mark Urban's meetings with Skripal. I guess Urban has shelved his book on Skripal.

"Did Skripal help with the Steele dossier?

Did Skripal later realise that details of how the dossier was concocted would be useful to Putin? Maybe he wanted to get back to Russia, to be nearer to his ageing mother and his daughter.

Were the Russians trying to get him a passport? Were MI5/6 on to this? Did they use BZ to incapacitate him?

MI5/6 involvement in Steele dossier would be highly embarrassing for Theresa May.

I watched the live broadcast from the House of Commons when May claimed that the Skripals had been attacked using Novichok, a nerve agent “of a type developed by Russia”.

She really enjoyed saying “Russia!” And she was clearly lying. We Brits have heard her lie hundreds of times."

May 22, 2019 at 1:58 PM | Unregistered CommenterCharly

Means. Method. Motive
Dan Bongino points at Brennan
https://youtu.be/69rRA57QPPA

May 23, 2019 at 12:13 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

May 22, 2019 at 1:58 PM | Charly

It is embarrassing to admit that British Intelligence does not deserve too much respect:

https://spectator.org/big-dots-do-they-connect-steele-and-skripal-revisited/
The Guardian‘s Luke Harding also tweeted to warn all off the story:
"The @Telegraph story claiming a link between Sergei #Skripal and Christopher Steele’s company Orbis is wrong, I understand. Skripal had nothing to do with Trump dossier. Nor did unnamed “security consultant” ever work for Orbis"

https://off-guardian.org/2018/10/03/mi6-will-be-so-proud-urban-harding-continue-the-ludicrous-skripal-narrative/

hence:
https://www.theguardian.com/profile/lukeharding
★Luke Harding even had a book to plug!★
"Luke Harding is a Guardian foreign correspondent. He has reported from Delhi, Berlin and Moscow and covered wars in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Libya. His book Collusion: How Russia Helped Trump Win the White House is published by Guardian Faber. "

May 23, 2019 at 1:11 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

clipe,
and Democrat meltdown starts
https://youtu.be/ARX3SbmUnOg

Pelosi is offering Trump the best publicity of all time, with Democrats paying the legal and financial costs.

May 25, 2019 at 1:18 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Looks like a well used revolving door between the Clinton Foundation and Google.....

I suspect we should really be more aware of Google's "Groundworks" division.

May 28, 2019 at 2:22 PM | Registered Commentertomo

The provenance and timing of a MI6 / SIS "note" to the 'Merkans looks rather like CYA on steroids ....

Oh bugger ..... he won

May 30, 2019 at 10:50 PM | Registered Commentertomo
May 30, 2019 at 11:08 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Exclusive: AG William Barr on Special Counsel Mueller and the Russia Probe

https://soundcloud.com/cbsthismorning/exclusive-ag-william-barr-on-special-counsel-mueller-and-the-russia-probe

May 31, 2019 at 11:11 PM | Unregistered Commenterclipe

I believe Obama came in for quite a drubbing here for allegedly interfering in British politics when he expressed his opinion that the UK would do better within the EU. For several years Trump has expressed the opposite view, but without reprimand, and now he blatantly supports BoJo. And silence here, who'd have thunk it!

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:56 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

I do feel that DJT has made a big mistake backing Boris.

Private prosecutions for lying politicians could turn into the 21st century's first novel major spectator sport.

That said - none of the candidates in the Tory beauty pageant are distinguishing themselves by elaborating much in the way of evidenced beliefs / policy proposals. There's a weird pretense in much UK media that they presume wield influence over Tory MPs - Farage's Brexit Party is the existential threat to sitting (useless) Tory sinecureists.

Trump has made the mistake that Republicans = Tories or something - that said - I do hope he takes a moment after the solemnity of D-Day to have a swipe at the pudgy harridan Thornberry.

In terms of drubbing - Obamah is going to have to tread carefully and hope that some lieutenants are going to fall on their swords to save his reputation.

Jun 1, 2019 at 7:19 PM | Registered Commentertomo

And silence here, who'd have thunk it!

Jun 1, 2019 at 3:56 PM | AK

The EU loves Climate Science luvvies like Obama, Clinton, Remainers and the BBC. There must be a lunk.

Jun 1, 2019 at 8:35 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Any comment about Trump's more recent interventions into the most contentious political issues of our country? No?

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:47 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Blusterpolitique?

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:48 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK - there's a problem with DJT's "latest" as reported by the BBC - " the UK should walk away unless it gets the deal it wants" .... looks overly vague - since I have yet to see a set of conditions formalised that could be construed as a "deal"- what I do see is a process controlled by a loose cabal of folks who've no interest in leaving on any terms - let alone an equable working arrangement.

At least DJT hasn't threatened anybody yet, unlike his predecessor.

Jun 2, 2019 at 10:51 AM | Registered Commentertomo

"At least DJT hasn't threatened anybody yet, unlike his predecessor."
Au contraire, the list is as long as your arm - North Korea, Iran, China, Venezuela, Syria, the EU.

Also I don't recall Obama making anything but a personal opinion that was also was not fleshed out with any detail. But I suppose you can't expect fairness in politics, especially here.

Jun 2, 2019 at 11:24 AM | Unregistered CommenterAK

Has DJT threatened the EU? - I thought you were focused on Brexit there - but my reply was too imprecise :-)

Hmm

North Korea - murderous Rocket Boy
Iran - murderous mullahs
China - abducting + killing the head of Interpol
Venezuela - oh yes... The 'Merkans can be blamed for that.

The Berlaymont Bureaucrats - meh...

Syria is being done wrong imho - but it's not like DJT is sticking to his original position there.

I think ”you'll go to the back of the queue” was a direct threat - and one that I have seen deployed by poisonous bureaucrats in earnest several times over the yeats.

Jun 2, 2019 at 12:25 PM | Registered Commentertomo

I think we can conclude that because Trump is liked here (or his climate policies are), whatever he says or does about anything will be excused or overlooked, whereas whatever Obama said or did will not. Democrats are all evil, and Republicans do no wrong.

Jun 2, 2019 at 1:20 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK - au contraire - Democrats are not all evil and the Republican back catalog of f-ups is considerable. It's just that we rarely hear a non partisan robustly evidenced critique of much anything from the USA.

There is more to DJT than orange skin, small hands, the hairdo, the accent and Twitter - but don't let me deflect you from taking day out to party with your mates

DJT's climate policies (such as they are) are pretty mild compared to O'Blimey's billions in squandered / wasted public funds for f-all in the way of tangible benefit to those footing the bill.

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:12 PM | Registered Commentertomo

No Tomo, my view is "respect the office, not the man". So they are not "my mates"

Jun 2, 2019 at 3:49 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK & tomo, the BBC is briefing against Trump and anyone associated with Trump, including Boris and BREXITeers.

What are the facts that the BBC relies on to do so? The BBC and other MSM including The Guardian seemed very confident that Trump would be brought down by Steele's Dodgy Dossier, and there is an increasing amout of coincidences suggesting that the UK MSM were briefed, off the record, with some of the faked up propaganda which was then reported as well informed "fact".

Trump IS putting US Taxpayers, Businesses, Unemployed etc first. The UK needs Westminster, including all MPs, Government and Prime Minister to do the same. The EU has been taking advantage of Britain for too long, and needs a few gestures of defiance to make Churchill proud as D-Day Anniversary celebrations, tributes and memorials approach.

If the BBC continue to incite anti-Trump demonstrations, such that they overshadow D-Day, the anti-BBC backlash will be seized on by EU critics on both sides of the Atlantic and English Channel.

If the BBC have some evidence for Climate Science and some evidence to justify their hostility to Trump, will they be able to produce it in Court or before MPs? If the Legal Challenge against Boris is seen as a Test Case, why not one against the BBC?

Jun 2, 2019 at 7:35 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Democrats are all evil, and Republicans do no wrong.

Jun 2, 2019 at 1:20 PM | AK

Corrupt lying politicians are not restricted by political affiliation. If a Political Party is facilitating state sponsored lies and corruption, who benefits, or is intended to benefit?

Bad thinking does not have to start with a conspiracy. Conspiracy normally commences to conceal the cock-up(s), and bad thinking then follows. There does seem to have been a conspiracy to ensure Clinton romped to victory, instead she has stumbled in the gutter

Steele has yet to be questioned under Caution. I do not know whether he has committed an Offence that would justify arrest and extradition. Trump could ask May, or leave it for her successor

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:09 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GolfCharlie. I got most of my information about Trump's inappropriate statements from the Sunday Times and the Internet. I did not find information from the BBC, when I subsequently checked, substantially different.

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:14 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

GolfCharlie
"Corrupt lying politicians are not restricted by political affiliation". Reading through this Discussion you would not reach this conclusion. Instead you would conclude that Democrats are evil and Republicans, especially Trump and his minions, are paragons of virtue.

Jun 2, 2019 at 8:20 PM | Unregistered CommenterAK

AK, why are you biased against Trump? Do you still believe the lies generated by Democrats and Steele, or are you against Trump because he is a Republican? Or is it his success with the US Economy, not going to war, doing something about North Korea, confronting China?

I regarded Trump's win as the election of the better of two inferior candidates. The longer this has gone on, the more tarnished the Clintons AND Obama become, and my respect for Trump grows. His "style" is different, unconvential and so far, has been a success. If he can help drain the UK Swamp, why block his channels?

The EU is infested with swamp dwelling crocks. That is why they fear him too. The New World Order, dominated by corrupted democratic processes is failing, because it is corrupt. I have no idea what happens next, but it is time to move on.

Climate Science should have got honest about Mann's Hockey Stick. Blair and Major should have allowed debate and a Referendum. US Democrats should have got honest as they are now stuck with Sanders/AO-C and the New Green Deal.

Jun 2, 2019 at 9:34 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie