Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Latest Hockey Stick

Four years of expensive work and intensive review, all blown up in days. It is getting harder and harder to squish or stretch climate into the alarmist consensus Procustean bed.
==============

Aug 23, 2016 at 1:43 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

kim, think of all the air travel generated by 4 years of climate science research.

Climate Science may not be the oldest profession, but it is one of the dirtiest.

Aug 23, 2016 at 2:37 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Minty: I think "HTH" means “happy to help”, a patronising put-down, a display of his superiority over we intellectual weaklings. However, it really does display more about Mr Clarke than Mr Clarke realises, and none of it is to his betterment. A shame, really, as he does have some good debating skills, and has certainly helped me sharpen what little skill I do have, in that field.

Should you wish to respond to it, perhaps “GFY” might be apposite.

BTW, GC, sorry to hear about your problems. I have always enjoyed your observations and quirky wit; I do hope you continue to entertain us for a while yet. (I was going to make some more wittily acerbic comment, but history tells me that my skills at transferring what seems so outrageously funny in my head into text do leave a lot to be desired…)

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:00 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Ravishing rattie, Thx. GFY = Good for you? And BTW? You now understand I have been living in blissful ignorance. I sussed out IMO and the more self effacing IMHO some time ago.

My judgement on granddaughter spot on!

Aug 23, 2016 at 3:35 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK

Ok. By The Way. My ignorance is probably explained by my luddite tendencies, I don't carry or use a mobile phone and have never texted. Granddaughter is exact opposite, spends her life doing it.

Aug 23, 2016 at 4:45 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK

“Good for you”… well, that was not what I had in mind, and actually might be better. In my mind, the first word was 2 letters shorter, beginning with the first 2; the last word lengthened by 5 letters; with the middle word with a different vowel, finishing with 2 consonants in alphabetical order, though neither of them as far up the alphabet as “r”.

Now you mention it, though, I wonder if anyone ever expresses a dishonest opinion? If not, it does make the “H” rather superfluous.

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:33 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

RR. = rude rodent

Aug 23, 2016 at 5:39 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK

RR.. I thought the."H" in IMHO meant "humble", not "honest".

Aug 23, 2016 at 6:26 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK

Radical Rodent, I have every intention of continuing to nibble at the big cheeses of climate science. I have found great inspiration in Gergis et al. Like a good Swiss cheese, it is so full of holes, it is a miracle it has not collapsed under the weight of its own failed self importance.

Mann could always grate what remains, add egg and reinflate with more hot air to make a soufflé, but he would need the help of a talented Cook, to keep it standing up in Court.

Aug 23, 2016 at 10:21 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GC. But whey do you not mention the moldiness within?

Aug 24, 2016 at 6:23 AM | Unregistered CommenterACK

ACK, I was avoiding the difference between blue mould and green mould. David Cameron found it difficult to see the difference.

As standards of hygiene have improved, the holes in Swiss cheese have almost disappeared. As standards of honesty in climate science have not improved, the holes in climate science keep getting bigger, and new ones keep being found.

Cheese Scientists have welcomed the efforts of Cheese Auditors to save their industry. Cheesy Climate Science prefers everything manufactured and homogenised, the more the rot sets in.

Aug 24, 2016 at 9:58 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GC. Cheese sticks, hockey sticks, both are made from highly questionable materials. Hugely popular with those of poor discernment and fodder for the crowds.
Did you know you can bend a cheese stick into a hockey stick shape, but it always returns to its original form when the distortion ceases?

Aug 24, 2016 at 12:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK

ACK, Cheesy Climate Science (CCS) is all artificial, and not good for the health of anyone, let alone the planet. That Gergis can regurgitate what was already unfit for consumption rather proves it was all beyond it's shelf life prior to being shaped into straws and Sticks.

Aug 24, 2016 at 2:05 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GC. A regurgitating Gergis is not a happy thought. Neither are there happy thoughts in the cheeze whiz of consensus climate science, a concoction of utter malfeasance inflicted upon humanity.

Aug 24, 2016 at 3:53 PM | Unregistered CommenterACK

Ken Fritsch has damned Gergis's work in a note near the end of StevieMac's latest. Read it and weep for science.

Phil Clarke, if you are capable of shame, have at it.
=========

Aug 25, 2016 at 1:56 AM | Unregistered Commenterkim