Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Oxford pub meet, again.

Just a reminder that this assemblage will take place next Monday 8 July, from 18:30 @ The Kings Arms, Broad Street, Oxford OX1 3SP.

Everybody welcome.

Jul 5, 2013 at 7:56 AM | Unregistered CommenterLatimer Alder

- OK currently I am Winchester working at the festival, so after the tidy up on Monday I will see if I can get a lift up the A34 to Oxford

Jul 6, 2013 at 4:39 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

not banned yet
Recognition signal? No,no -nothing but the HSI in your hand (clothes allowed to be worn as well) - I only wish I was near enough to join you all.

Jul 6, 2013 at 7:58 PM | Unregistered CommenterMessenger

As a recognition signal I have printed off a copy of the cover of Hiding the Decline which I have folded into an A6 greetings card which should fit nicely on the table or other suitable display point.

Jul 8, 2013 at 10:52 AM | Registered CommenterJonathan Jones

Very sorry not going to be able to make it this time. But have a blast.

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM | Registered CommenterRichard Drake

575307 I will be coming down with my wife, Kathleen, and expect to be in town soon after 4 pm for a look around. If any one else is about and wants to meet up I will give you mobile in two bits to confuse any robots. The first half is 07799 and the other is at the start of this comment.

Jul 8, 2013 at 12:29 PM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Holland

I'm sorry that I couldn't make it today. See you next time

Jul 8, 2013 at 8:17 PM | Unregistered CommenterBarry Woods

Hi Folks,

Great to meet you all last night. As promised, these are the Al Jazeera channels: Freeview 83, Freesat 203, Sky 514 or Virgin 622. Full schedule for Head to Head (NB in GMT) is at:
http://www.aljazeera.com/programmes/headtohead/2013/06/201365124941624704.html

Dick Lindzen at the Union is scheduled for first broadcast by Al Jazeera at 9 pm BST on Friday 12 July.

If you miss it, it is repeated on 13 July 13 at 13:00 BST; 14 July at 02:00 BST; and 15 July at 07:00 BST.

Jul 9, 2013 at 10:35 AM | Unregistered CommenterDavid Holland

- Nice nice to meet you all.. an intelligent discussion
- Often I feel like I am swimming against the tide, and is reassuring to meet other people who also swim against the popular irrationality of climate panic.

Jul 10, 2013 at 11:20 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

rhoda

Sorry to be late to the party (again), but I thought you might be interested in this. It's a Lanchester design. Twin crankshafts plus three conrods per piston. What could possibly go wrong?

FWIW, my brother did his ONC and HNC at Lanchester Poly in Coventry. It's now called Coventry University or somesuch. Morons.

Aug 23, 2013 at 2:43 AM | Registered CommenterHector Pascal

I very much enjoyed the last session in Oxford - the first time I had met such a group of like-minded folk.
Based in Surrey, it is a bit of a trek for me (and I think for one or two others).
Which raises the question: are there many who would be on for a Surrey pub meet along the same lines?

Sep 9, 2013 at 5:16 PM | Registered Commentermikeh

mikeh
I keep hoping for one in Burgundy somewhere but I don't think we'd get a quorum.

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM | Registered CommenterMike Jackson

mikeh,

It might be better to start your own thread with a more appropriate title? Easier to attract Surrey-dwellers that way,

Sep 9, 2013 at 10:50 PM | Registered CommenterJonathan Jones

MikeJ: maybe we should follow the Green model and all jet off to some swanky resort in the sun...if only the taxpayer would foot our bill too!!
JonathanJ: good idea.

Sep 11, 2013 at 10:56 AM | Registered Commentermikeh

I'm thinking it's time we did it again. After the SPM, in the KA if it's before term starts or the PoW afterwards. The 13th Oct is the watershed day. Of course I am not time- or date- constrained and others are, so suggestions?

(I can make this end of Surrey too..)

Sep 23, 2013 at 2:01 PM | Registered Commenterrhoda

Rhoda; I would be delighted to meet up again but unfortunately I am away for most of next month. For the same reason I have to hold off suggesting a Surrey session (which did not get much reaction anyway).

Sep 24, 2013 at 2:02 PM | Registered Commentermikeh