Buy

Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

Phil Clarke, if it hadn't been for lying climate scientists, Trump would not have been elected, and BREXIT may not have been voted for.

Climate Scientists have caused many to lose their jobs, why shouldn't Trump reverse the trend?

Jan 19, 2018 at 12:35 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Gwen. Still swallowing your five-a-day?

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Gwen. Still swallowing your five-a-day?

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:18 PM | Supertroll

Including, and as a consequence of the chemo, it is a bit more than five!

Jan 19, 2018 at 3:46 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Old news

A nothing burger

Uncorroborated

I wonder if WikiLeaks already has a copy of "the memo" that's got 'Merkan Democrat pols so agitated (and pin-drop silence at the BBC) .... nobody seems to be challenging the veracity of the content - merely that it's hugely damaging and one has to suspect that the reticence is in part d/t the weighing up of the pros and cons....

Jan 19, 2018 at 11:33 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Faked news about Trump, and the fakers.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/01/19/nyts-botched-hidden-climate-change-report-story-makes-trumps-top-10-fake-news-events-of-2017/

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:03 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

The memo must be appalling - if the committee have to redact it to release it....

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:06 AM | Registered Commentertomo

Twitter "moderators" are likely in over the weekend .....

I've already spotted several videos of interviews with committee members that have been deleted

This one came up as "deleted" when I tried to re-tweet it

This one from a committee member survived

Jan 20, 2018 at 12:37 AM | Registered Commentertomo

"Gwen. Still swallowing your five-a-day?" Referred of course to terminological inexactitudes from over the pond, and not to your medications. But since you brought that up; how the devil are you GC? I and your entire readership (which has been spreading - so good to see) wish you well.

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:58 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Jan 20, 2018 at 8:58 AM | Supertroll

I was warned before Christmas to expect increased Chemo etc in the New Year, which I was not looking forward to, but on my most recent visit to Haematology, indications are good, so no increase!

The Haematologists cannot explain why the trends were going in the wrong direction, or why they have corrected, and are now going in the right direction without a change in prescription. If only Climate Scientists had the same honesty about mistakes, and what they don't know/understand, I might trust and respect them!

Jan 20, 2018 at 11:54 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

eye-roll, headshake

Twitter have removed the "Tweet Button" in some replies and re-tweets related to "The Memo"

works in other areas.....

Jan 20, 2018 at 1:44 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Stuff you will not see for the most part in UK MSM

Mueller gave an immunity deal to his pal Comey within days (hours?) of being appointed special counsel, but kept secret. If true and known, this ought to cause outrage. Now seems to be a falling out between the two amigos.

More from @ClimateAudit

Mueller gets all the limelight while Nunes & Co are working away on the FISA stuff.

Jan 21, 2018 at 2:17 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Uh there's some dogs eating homework stuff going on at the FBI

FBI man Peter Strzok who with his girl friend Lisa Page have already been doing contortions to get out of a mire of inappropriate messaging have been thrown a lifebelt. The archives of Strzok's messaging on his official phone have "been lost"

Gosh ... how convenient is that?

Jan 21, 2018 at 7:11 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, the Chief Fakers are becoming Chief Losers. Much like Climate Science.

Jan 21, 2018 at 8:47 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Something else has been lost from the National Defense Strategy. Climate Scientists are demanding increased warfare against CO2, whilst Trump wants peace.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2018/01/20/pentagon-erases-climate-change-from-the-national-defense-threat-list/

An 11-page summary of the new National Defense Strategy makes no mention of “global warming” or “climate change”. The document makes no mention of “climate,” “warming,” “planet,” “sea levels” or even “temperature.” All 22 uses of the word “environment” refer to the strategic or security landscape.

The document is here: https://www.defense.gov/Portals/1/Documents/pubs/2018-National-Defense-Strategy-Summary.pdf

The National Defense Strategy, signed by Defense Secretary James Mattis, doesn’t have much to say about energy issues, except that the U.S. would “foster a stable and secure Middle East” and “contributes to stable global energy markets and secure trade routes.”

The Pentagon released the strategy document Friday, and officials were clear that it would make no mention of global warming. The Bush administration added global warming to the defense strategy in 2008, but the issue gained top-tier status during the Obama administration.

The Trump administration released its “America First” security strategy in December, which called for “[u]nleashing these abundant energy resources— coal, natural gas, petroleum, renewables, and nuclear” to boost the economy and aid U.S. allies.

That plan de-emphasized policies aimed at fighting manmade global warming, a complete u-turn from national security under the Obama administration.

Jan 21, 2018 at 9:14 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

while it is perhaps sane not to power your air force with windmills - I feel the 'Merkans have a bit more on their plate at the moment. John Pilger's delving into Obamah's background seems to suggest that he's been initiated into the shadow world and their methods of control and chose to use some familiar tools when in office.

I simply don't buy in to the Obamah "trust the science" thing as he only allowed scientists who were pre-vetted and on message anywhere close and policy trumped evidence at pretty much every stage.

That memo if released is going to lead I suspect to some revelations about the dirty tricks that have been sprung on climate skeptics - that much is abundantly clear from the Podesta emails.

Releasing the memo is only the first step. It is truly a Pandora's Box and one can understand a certain trepidation / hesitation when opening it....

The hijacking of state assets for nefarious political purpose when done in the open ... is one thing - doing so in secret using covert state assets with the clear intent to disadvantage democratic opponents (and perhaps as a route to self enrichment) is quite another.

It's not only DJT that has an interest in this - Bernie Sanders was done down too.

The signs are that damage limitation is pedal to the floor at the agencies already implicated (FBI, CIA, DoJ, IRS) and some like Lois Lerner and Andrew McCabe think they're away scot free... As obviously does the previous POTUS.

There's a lot more to come I'd say - the air stirrer is speeding up and there seems to a considerable amount of ordure on hand.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:06 AM | Registered Commentertomo

"I simply don't buy in to the Obamah "trust the science" thing as he only allowed scientists who were pre-vetted and on message anywhere close and policy trumped evidence at pretty much every stage."

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:06 AM | tomo

He appointed John Holdren
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Holdren

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:47 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Former Federal Prosecutor lays it out - well, some of it.

See HERE

Jan 22, 2018 at 2:23 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, with US Politicians doing politics all weekend, allegedly discussing budgets, I am sure they found the time to have a few quiet chats about other matters.

Republicans are likely to reunite against Democrats, and Democrats are not sure who to unite with, from within their own ranks. Those that backed Sanders did so because they thought or knew that Clinton was not a good choice. This will have an effect down to local level.

If this does all go back to Clinton's secret server, then a lot of cover-ups have occurred. Cover-ups have a tendency to cause more damage than the original crime.

Jan 22, 2018 at 10:01 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

It's amazing just how many posts there are about Clinton (x2) on this discussion entitled "Trump"; posts that never even mention his truculantship. Why don't we siphon up all the hatred and bile into a separate discussion thread, leaving this one for unmitigated adoration?

Jan 22, 2018 at 11:41 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll

you have not watched the Joe DeGenova interview have you?

- because if you had -

- you wouldn't be trying to misdirect like you are -

I suppose strictly you have a point - that somehow DJT is peripheral to the "Memo" business - a matter which reaches further into the US establishment than the man himself since it looks quite likely that any candidate opposing HRC would've been done down .

They thought that Trump was the best joke candidate and easily sunk - it turned deadly serious when he won.

Watch the effin video.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:01 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Supertroll, I agree with tomo! You really ought to watch the video.

If the video is a fair assessment, and "The Memo" contains what is alleged to allege, then the scale of disinformation against Trump, plus those who approved it, leaked it etc, does increase.

This thread was started by Entropic Man as a Trump basher. I have never been in favour of either Trump or Clinton, but my impression of Trump is rising whilst my impression of Clinton remains the same. Obama's "Legacy" could go the way of Blair's.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:48 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

tomo. If the effin memo is so effin important (and his Trumpiness is only marginal) why isn't there a separate effin discussion? I want to read about Trump, not this non-Trump clutter.

Don't get your hopes up about the memo. The words "old" and "fake" echo, echo, echo.

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:50 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Apparently.....

The ranking Democrat on the Intel committee thinks the memo shouldn't be released as "Americans won't understand it".

Yeah.... they'll draw all the wrong conclusions eh?

Jan 22, 2018 at 12:50 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Supertroll

so yet again you prefer not to allow evidence to pollute your opinions... when it comes to politics....

If you want relevant Trump stories there is a fair bit in the Joe DeGenova piece - but you wouldn't know that - because you haven't watched it?

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:02 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Tomo. My comment concerned this discussion thread alone. If the memo concerns Trump then fine, but the commentary here is commonly devoted to slagging off Clinton with nary a mention of T-man. Surely slagging off Clinton deserves its own discussion. Think of what you could all achieve.
Why does this matter concern whether or not I have seen something? If you wish to continue conflating different matters, do nothing.

Jan 22, 2018 at 1:34 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll