Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > So where are Salby and Darwall wrong .... precisely?

Oh. Hello again, Tommy Boy. Looking for some more rope?

You do have a remarkable ability not to see what you are looking at, even when you quote it in an attempt to back your argument – “…or, most likely mis-seen…” Then you return to your belittling by extrapolating on absolutely no information whatsoever – and you complain about me not “doing science”! Also, while you may not have hate speech laws in the good ol' US of A, that does not mean you do not have hate speech… or is that yet another statement of the bleedin’ obvious that you cannot see?

As for your gleeful use of the term “denier”, do you not realise that it is not us that you are hurling offence at, but the millions of those who died in one of the most atrocious acts of inhumanity in history? Hmmm… no. I doubt you ever will.

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:09 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Re Thomas Elfiritz

Can I suggest that nobody replies to this arrogant fool?

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:12 PM | Unregistered CommenterMike Post

from his link-Thomas Lee Elifritz - Scientific Research Papers - 2007 - 2014
last in the list -Thomas Lee Elifritz -
The story of Tommy Young, a post-Sputnik space cadet from Madison, Wisconsin, who,
despite having lost his faith in government, humanity, and himself, still tries to save the
world from the impending dooms of overpopulation, climate change, environmental and
agricultural collapse, and war, through space commercialization and space colonization.
THE SPACE CADET

"TOMMY takes a sip of water, a bite out of a green apple, takes control
and steers the craft until Earth is replaced by the sun in the window.
PAN INTO: SUN IN THE WINDOW AND THEN BACK OUT TOMMY'S EYE
TOMMY V.O.
The end is really just
the beginning.
TOMMY pulls his swimming goggles down, inserts his snorkel tube,
shuts his helmet visor, hits a button blowing the fuel valves, emptying
the remaining fuel tanks and propelling the capsule forward violently.
Reentry plasma, flames and capsule cabin buffeting and shaking.
FADE INTO: A TUNNEL OF HOT GASES RUSHING DOWN A BLACK HOLE"

Aug 23, 2014 at 10:33 PM | Unregistered Commenterdougieh

dougieh,

Try following some of the links on that page. This guy is a 100% complete nut-job.

Aug 24, 2014 at 12:31 AM | Registered CommenterLaurie Childs

Thomas Lee Elifritz........ZDB with a different pen name.

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:50 AM | Registered CommenterRKS

Oh sure, says the nutjobs who can't understand the collisional and radiative fundamentals of complex molecules with infrared active bending modes, or who claim that they heard somewhere on the internet that atmospheric carbon dioxide concentration was at 4000 ppm just 20,000 years ago, therefore all climate science must be wrong. Nutjobs that don't have enough linear algebra to even read, much less understand, a single published paper in the field of biostatistics.

Carry on gentleman. Clearly Salby is your Mann. lol.

Aug 24, 2014 at 4:17 AM | Unregistered CommenterThomas Lee Elifritz

DNFTT

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:12 AM | Unregistered Commentersplitpin

Mike Post
+1

Aug 24, 2014 at 9:54 AM | Unregistered CommenterSandyS

Martin A:

No Richard, it's not spot on. It's acquiescing in the AGW Faithfull's intense desire to shut down this aspect of debate.

It might be OK if we were all agreed that that Salby is completely wrong in what he said. If you take what is posted on SkS as settling the question you'll certanly agree with that.

I don't take it as settling anything and I agree with the points you make. Self-consistency may arrive on a later flight!

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:00 PM | Registered CommenterRichard Drake

Continuing, briefly, with TATT rather FTT - talking about rather than feeding the troll - I don't agree with criminalising hate speech, just as I don't agree with making Holocaust denial a criminal offence, as it is in some European countries, not least Germany (and anyone of sensitivity can sympathise with that). I use the term hate speech of 'denier' because I think it's accurate as a description. But I'd much prefer full freedom to debate these issues without the law stepping in, as long as there is no incitement to violence.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:05 PM | Registered CommenterRichard Drake

Could not agree more, RD. The freedom of expression that has been endemic in the UK for longer than probably any other country must include the freedom to utter contentious, offensive, even hateful comments, without fear of legal repercussions. That others feel that it is something that has to be restricted by law shows that they do not see the irony: “You may say whatever you like, so long as it is what I agree with.” The continentals may be comfortable with that philosophy, the British never have. Quite what traction the idea that “denialism” should be treated as a mental illness (à la Stalin’s USSR) will gain has yet to be seen, especially as it will depend upon defining exactly what is being denied. With most of the “deniers” this is actually very little, which obviously drives some of our pet trolls apoplectic; as it is the alarmists who are doing most of the denying of the evidence, it could get interesting.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:32 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Actually, the prospects for the thought-police (of which some of our trolls will be rabidly enthusiastic volunteers) must be very enticing should “denialism” ever be deemed a crime. When challenged, “Are you a denier?” whichever answer you give will condemn you.

Aug 24, 2014 at 1:57 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Yes, the ideal contentless crime, reminding me of this allegedly true story of a hellish concentration camp in Romania or Russia in Stalin's day (passed on by an ex-inmate from Romania). The commandant was interviewing some new arrivals:

"What did you do and how long is your sentence?"

"I did nothing and I got five years."

"And you?"

"I did nothing and I got ten years."

"Lying swine. Nobody gets more than five years for nothing in the People's Republic!"

We can still escape such extremes but we do well to note the relevant tendencies.

Aug 24, 2014 at 2:14 PM | Registered CommenterRichard Drake

You are a denier, are you not?

No, I deny it.

Aug 24, 2014 at 3:00 PM | Unregistered Commentersplitpin