Seen elsewhere

 

Buy

Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

 

Recent comments
Recent posts
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Unthreaded

Rail forums talk about a rail version of the diesel electric/battery Routemaster bus. here
Once the battery under development battery train exploded

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:24 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Times "Electrification of Britain’s railway lines should be scaled back in favour of cheaper alternatives such as battery-powered trains, the boss of Network Rail has said."
"Mark Carne insisted that electrifying lines was “not necessarily the best way” to improve punctuality, cut delays and boost capacity."

"In an interview with The Times, he said ..." (what a strange phrase considering the article is in the Times)

"The modified Class 379 Electrostar can run at 50mph for 43 miles without a top-up is in service" a commenter claims
Why would anyone bother with an electric battery and the risk of suddenly losing all power in the wrong place, when you can have a diesel engine and top up anywhere easily.
The whole point of overhead cables is that means the train is not carrying heavy fuel with it...
..And with diesel a least when you get half way , its weight load is half.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:05 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Humourous Presentation by Christopher Monkton

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_3S1JcFWUA

Mar 25, 2017 at 11:06 AM | Unregistered CommenterRoss Lea

As Climate Science now depends on Cook's fabricated Consensus, about their own inflated sense of self importance, the media know that no one cares anymore.

http://joannenova.com.au/2017/03/climate-media-news-coverage-collapsed-in-the-2009-election-year/

Mar 25, 2017 at 1:22 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:42 PM | Pcar

The German situation is worse.

Creating 19th Century problems for 21st Century Living is not a vote winner. Progressives are now realising that Taxpayers tend to have a vote, and angry taxpayers are not likely to vote for politicians that make them angry with pointless Climate Science.

Mar 25, 2017 at 12:31 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

We've added your signature to the petition:

The 17,410,742 who voted to Leave, voted for a complete & utter "Hard Brexit".

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/189365

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:55 PM | Registered CommenterPcar

@golf charlie, Mar 21, 2017 at 4:03 PM

It probably could, if one assumes it is always tidey somewhere for 30% of the time. It still leaves 70% of the time when it is not tidey enough, to be a viable solution.

Therein lies the ugly truth which politicians & green-blob ignore. The 70% must be provided by reliables. However, their CapEx and fixed costs remain the same, but now only run/sell 70% of time. Thus, to prevent bankruptcy they must increase price for providing backup for unreliables.

If unreliables provide 50%, backup cost increases. If unreliables provide 60%, backup cost increases even more.

Hence why UK now has the absurd situation where all, inc coal and gas elec gen require subsidies.

UK Energy market has become (Blair, Brown, Cameron) a command economy. Does that work? USSR, Zimbabwe & Venezuela prove it doesn't.

It is insane and damaging UK economy - ever more subsidies sticking plaster = lower tax revenue. Solution is to eradicate the problem. Allow the free market to provide what customers want with no Gov't favouritism intervention.

Mar 24, 2017 at 11:42 PM | Registered CommenterPcar
Mar 24, 2017 at 11:09 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

All on twitter condemn it
But I don't see anything wrong
Isn't it a case of just tearing up someone's bonus in front of them, cos they hadn't made the grade ?
.... LibMob were calling for this to be done to bankers

Mar 24, 2017 at 8:53 PM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

It's gone viral in China

When the wheels finally leave the axles of academic climate alarmism - it would be a suitable punishment for the perps

Mar 24, 2017 at 7:18 PM | Registered Commentertomo

PostCreate a New Post

Enter your information below to create a new post.
Author Email (optional):
Author URL (optional):
Post:
 
Some HTML allowed: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <code> <em> <i> <strike> <strong>