Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > President Trump

- "I do not talk to FBI Directors about pending investigations" - Barack Obama, April, 2016

- "POTUS wants to know everything we're doing" - FBI's Sr. Attorney, Lisa Page, on prepping Comey to brief Obama, Sept, 2016

I figure that counts as an ooops....

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:21 PM | Registered Commentertomo

I wonder if this is a fake?

Feb 7, 2018 at 5:52 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, when Trump says something is fake, he is at least 97% correct.

97% of people who accuse Trump of faking or lying, are liars themselves.

Not "liking" Trump is logical and rational, but I am respecting him more,

Feb 7, 2018 at 9:54 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Wandering off into mildly OT territory - but immigration is a UK issue too...

Was it really about "Dreamers"?

it looks like Nancy Pelosi has recovered her composure (and dental fixative) and has launched into a record breaking speech in the House of Representatives - 8+ hours of continuous uninterrupted wibbling stood up and no toilet break - pretty good going for a 77 year old...

Given that there's not complete agreement over "Dreamers" inside the Democrat camp and a deal has been agreed in the Senate ...

Who would mow the lawns, cook and clean at Trump resorts if cheap labour dried up?

Or was it about distraction? - I'd wager that the US MSM is full of it.

Feb 8, 2018 at 3:10 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, what was the cost to taxpayers of wasting 8 hours of the House of Representatives time?

Have US Taxpayers benefitted?

For all the good work she may have done in her political career, Pelosi will be remembered for wasting time and money, whilst obstructing justice.

Who or what does she still need to protect?

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:08 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

GolfCharlie. It has been brought to our attention that your posts are displaying a very worrying trend - an increasing number lack any mention of "climate scientist", "hockey stick" or " 97%". On this discussion thread alone such posts have reached an alarming 12.56%. Pull yourself together Gwen, we need your production of posts with approved wordage to climb back to their customary 97%. Take it as read that you are under scrutiny. Ignore this and your country bumkin status with be revoked (with extreme prejudice).

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:37 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

The BBC resolutely avoids the serious spook and corruption business going on stateside - and offers us this

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:17 PM | Registered Commentertomo

Feb 8, 2018 at 9:37 AM | Supertroll

I do apologise for my lapses, I only hope that Trump starts calling out lying Climate Scientists, including Mann and his curiously bent Hockey Stick (that defies any logical or scientific explanation), and the 97% of corrupted opinion pollsters who believe that tripe can change the weather.

Most of the World's population has benefitted from improvements made in weather forecasting, that have been possible due to some of the billions spent on Climate Science. Climate Scientists have always been adamant that they do not do weather forecasts or predictions (once it was obvious that all their predictions were wrong), so they need not apply to Meteorologists for employment when their cash cows are killed off.

How will Climate Scientists rebrand themselves to gain useful employment?

Those that disowned the travesty of Mann, and 97% of his bent Hockey Stick when it was first suggested on this blog, are more likely to be seen as honest. A sudden rush now, would just confirm that Climate Science is 97% full of dishonest chancers, short of a bent stick to support them.

If Trump pushes for the EPA to annul the "CO2 is a pollutant" farce, that should drain and flush much of the toxic Green Blob Swamp that remains.

As someone who did a weeks voluntary work for the WWF (yes, really!) 35ish years ago, I look forward to genuine environmentalists being allowed to get on with genuine work, to preserve and enhance the environment, without political motivation and influence.

I also look forward to Red v Blue politics being restored, without a hint of Green. I think Corbyn and May would agree on that, if nothing else. Merkel certainly wishes so, and US Democrats are probably realising some of their mistakes were driven by Green hot air.

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:27 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Russian company spends 72p on Facebook ads: interference, hybrid war, parliamentary inquiry

Soros spends £400K on bringing down UK Government: nothing to worry about (BBC)

Quite something when the Russian Embassy in London has to point out the obvious.

I wonder that Putin hasn't promoted the operator of the London Embassy Twitter feed to Washington....

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:52 PM | Registered Commentertomo

I wonder that Putin hasn't promoted the operator of the London Embassy Twitter feed to Washington....

Feb 8, 2018 at 4:52 PM | tomo

But the FBI are probably still intercepting that under instructions from the Obama era, justified because a Russian Ambassador had once met Putin, or something.

Feb 8, 2018 at 5:38 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

The Ivans have been remarkably restrained in this malarkey. It seems that they are presently content to spectate as the rotten Clinton-Obamah circus folds - with the occasional "tap-in" to the goal mouth.

As I said earlier - they embarrassed / intercepted Victoria Nuland (a longtime Clinton associate) in Ukraine - it would be not much of a surprise if they are waiting for a moment to throw a few marbles on the floor.

Knowing a bit about Libya - I am really wondering what Sid Blumenthal was up to there... I'd wager it likely involved Saint Anthony of Bliar somewhere along the line.

Feb 8, 2018 at 6:00 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, the "Russians" have kept quiet. All of the rival factions have probably been assuming that another fraction of a different faction has been involved, and wanted to stay out of the firing line. Some may be pleased and relieved that the new POTUS is not easily blackmailed, corrupted, bribed and compromised. On one of the many other hands, some may be disappointed that St Hillary is not POTUS, as they knew her track record, had "donated" to the Clinton's "charitable" foundation, and now cannot cash in on their investment.

Have you tried googling Clinton Blumenthal and Libya? Google wants to include Gold aswell, the tons of it that Gaddafi did have, but someone else does now....

Media outfits from the centre/left have not been impressed by St Hillary and her choice of Libya as a package holiday destination for NATO, especially those that just made a flying visit:

https://theecologist.org/2016/mar/14/why-qaddafi-had-go-african-gold-oil-and-challenge-monetary-imperialism
https://www.huffingtonpost.com/dan-kovalik/clinton-emails-on-libya-e_b_9054182.html

If NATO forces, including French and British, got dragged into this due to another DODGY DOSSIER, those in the US may google Dodgy Dossier, and learn more about the abuse of Special Relationships, and the wealth that can be generated by former Premiers.

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:05 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

With St Hillary's assistance, Obama's name may be compared with some of the all-time greats, like Richard Nixon.

https://www.investors.com/politics/columnists/why-fisa-gate-is-scarier-than-watergate/

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:37 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

... Libyan gold? - that's something that clams up corporate media big time - it does look like a "now you see it now you don't" business.

147 tons of gold? - I've not seen any real explanation of where it went (click on the 10Y button) - but it's gone.

Very murky stuff indeed.

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:54 AM | Registered Commentertomo

more murk

It looks like arrogance and conceit drove a culture at the FBI where senior agents acted like rules were for little people. .

There's DJT tweet that I saw earlier today that had 140K re-tweets - it went along the lines of "Adam Schiff was so keen to get naked pictures of me... he went all the way to Moscow when all he had to do was ask me nicely" - it now doesn't show up when searched for....

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:04 AM | Registered Commentertomo

ah... somebody screencap-ed it early on.

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:22 AM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo 2:04

It would "not be unreasonable" for Republicans and Democrats to make further enquiries into the Dodgy Dossier, by trying to establish contact wth sources, and verify them. It is entirely possible that this source-checking was simply to establish how rich the source was, and was hoping to become.

The "ends justify the means" defence, is a classic dilemma for ANYONE trying to investigate ANYTHING, particularly if they have started with a conclusion, but lack any evidence to prove it. The Fake Sheik and entrapment scandals, along with phone-tapping by journalists, spring to mind. Did I mention Climate Science?

Just because some "evidence" is not admissable in Court, does not mean it can't be used to justify further investigations! Spooks and Secret Squirrels rely on this, but the ability to self-police, to prevent abuse has been lacking. Did I mention Climate Science?

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:27 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:22 AM | tomo

Trump has a sense of humour! The faked photos/images cost a fortune, and are going to cost some their careers, pensions, credibility and freedom.

Did I mention Mann's Hockey Stick?

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:33 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

Twitter playing games again - the tweet didn't show up even with the full text plugged into their search - for me at anyrate.

Feb 9, 2018 at 12:53 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, this Wikipedia entry may need updating, as Devin Nunes appears to have further questions:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Investigation_into_the_2012_Benghazi_attack

"On November 7, 2013, Representative Devin Nunes (R-CA) wrote a letter to House Speaker John Boehner a week ahead of congressional hearing with CIA contractors who were on the ground during the attack. Nunes wrote that if questions remain unanswered or "if some answers differ substantially from the established narrative and timeline of the attack, then it would be warranted to take new measures to complete the investigation and synthesize the information obtained by the Intelligence Committees and other committees investigating the Benghazi attack."[8]

On August 1, 2014 the House Intelligence Committee has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya,[9] and that news briefing given by the administration reflected the conflicting intelligence assessments in the days immediately following the crisis.[10] Representative Dutch Ruppersberger stated that "the intelligence community warned about an increased environment, but did not have specific tactical warning of an attack before it happened".[11] A report, released November 21, 2014, stated that it found no intelligence lapses, that Susan Rice's talking points were "flawed", and was seen as invalidating several theories;[12][13] the report was criticized by survivors and politicians, including Senator Lindsey Graham."

This Washington Post may need a supplementary
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2015/10/22/the-benghazi-controversy-explained-by-7-numbers/

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:34 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

there's a pong coming from Benghazi business. I was actually in Benghazi about 2.5 years earlier. From what I've read about it - which isn't exhaustive - I'm of the opinion that the diplomats and Marines were astonishingly exposed - I was mostly effusively welcomed and met some really pleasant people in Benghazi. I was also threatened in quite bloodcurdling terms by a couple of local mullahs.

The subsequent investigation seems to have featured higher ups duckin and diving while the details of the event for the physical participants are rarely elaborated.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:16 PM | Registered Commentertomo

It looks as if some whistleblowers might be emerging - given that they might now feel that they might be protected from the poisonous vindictiveness of particularly the FBI who have been known to destroy lives purely out of undiluted spite.

Even at this stage of the game they are I would say - taking considerable personal risk.

Feb 9, 2018 at 8:34 PM | Registered Commentertomo

tomo, the cover-up of the mistakes before/during/after the Benghazi attack would have remained buried if St Hillary had beaten Trump. The failed cover-up will now lead to more damage.

I don't know if Trump could offer some form of amnesty to whistleblowers, but at the moment, I expect he is relaxed and eating popcorn. A Progressive collapse of public sympathy for Clinton and Obama suits his purposes for the Mid-Term Elections.

The Democrats have tried every trick to discredit Trump and cause him problems. Why should Trump help the Democrats drain their own swamp?

Republicans can now ditch those that bought, and bought into Steele's dodgy dossier. All Democrats bought into it, after more than 50% of them had bought into St Hillary over honest Bernie Sanders. It would be better for Democrats across the USA, if some of their well known big hitters, got hit, and stayed down. But the big hitters are still in denial that they have any responsibility for the problems that may wreck their plans for a comfortable retirement.

Feb 9, 2018 at 11:58 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

gc

I think that there are many motivations for whistleblowers - many are not motivated by high ideals ... and the revenge of those disadvantaged by revelations can span a lifetime and in some cases dramatically shorten a life.

It is important I think in cases like the one that we're witnessing that to preserve confidence from the population - justice has to be seen to be done - the bureaucrats and bent Democrats (there are bent Republicans too...) are fighting it with every trick in the book- but they seem to me to actually be being played with on their journey to the sunny uplands of accountability.

Oddly I suspect that Trump Derangement Syndrome will play a part in the downfall of the corrupt Democrats - he's messing with their minds in a way I'm not sure has been seen before. The military parades thing has driven the lefty crowd absolutely crazy - the lefty media literally spluttering and idiot provincial Democrats rushing legislation to ban military parades and so on. The apoplexy that I think Trump is deliberately provoking in the far left of the Democrat party is making them show their pretty ugly true intents and ... most reasonable people aren't liking what they see.

Whatever you think of him (I'm fairly neutral btw) - Jacob Rees Mogg seems to have a vaguely similar effect on the loony lefties of Momentum (not sure if it's as calculated as DJT).

The revolutionary / extreme left have played the hate card like forever - and now they seem to have come across somebody who can get them to a peak of emotional resonance / positive feedback ... and overdose on it. It's a bizzare spectacle - whatever he does they pounce on it and obsess beyond common sense in a way that mimics the way that the MSM has managed the news cycle - and they can't help themselves ....

Feb 10, 2018 at 1:49 AM | Registered Commentertomo