Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Merry Christmas, Mr Steyn

Entropic Man: "Discovery could not begin until the anti-SLAPP appeal was decided. This was brought by Steyn's co-defendants and was therefore their responsibility. Please explain how this delay was Dr. Mann's fault."

If discovery could not begin until the anti-SLAPP appeal was decided, then how did Steyn make discovery before the anti-SLAPP appeal was decided? Your logic fails at the first hurdle, it seems to me. Mann could have pressed on with discovery regardless, but the appeal suited him nicely as an excuse not to do so (it's existence gave him an excuse, it did not prevent him for making discovery).

Comments from the Judge quoted earlier on the thread would seem to back my interpretation up.

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:54 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Mark Hodgson

Could someone here suggest a link to the information that Steyn has released during discovey.

I would like to browse through Steyn's bank statements, released during discovery, looking for evidence of Koch brothers financing?

Jan 14, 2017 at 5:28 PM | Unregistered CommenterEntropic man

And I have little doubt that you will find it, Entropic man, though it may not be quite so obviously labelled. Maybe it will be under “general reimbursements”, or perhaps, “services rendered”, or even, “pensions”. And we will all believe you when you assure us that it has to be from the Koch brothers….ho-hum… *yawn*

Would that it were as easy for the sceptics to get financed as it is for the alarmists.

Jan 14, 2017 at 7:27 PM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Radical rodent

For good science you get finance from governments and universities.

For bad science you go to an american oil company.

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterEntropic man

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM | Entropic man

If only Climate Science had produced some evidence to back up those statements, you might have some credibility left.

Jan 14, 2017 at 9:53 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

EM. Having worked for two American oil companies to do science, what exactly do you imply by claiming that "bad science" is done there?

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:28 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

FYI, ET:

Steyn makes more money than you, the Koch brothers more than him, and more people care about their opinions than they do yours.

Jan 14, 2017 at 10:40 PM | Unregistered Commenterjollyfarmer

Supertroll

Nothing personal. Petroleum geology is not what I had in mind.

I was thinking of the trickle down of funds from oil companies such as Exxon to "scientists" who produce papers which reflect the deniers' political agenda rather than reality

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:54 AM | Unregistered CommenterEntropic man

Entropic Man, so with a mere trickle down of funds, and no Government backing, the might and wealth of the evil Green Blob Empire has been felled. Sounds like a David v Goliath story.

All Climate Science ever had to do was provide some evidence, that would stand up to cross examination, yet Mann does not want to risk it. How many billions were wasted? Or was it trillions?

All Trump has to do now, is find evidence of Financial Fraud, and Criminal investigations can proceed. The RICO 20 have very kindly signposted the way.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:48 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

which reflect the deniers' political agenda rather than reality

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:54 AM | Entropic man

I deny having the same politics as Supertroll, and I expect he would deny the same. What is our Political agenda?

Reality is about to happen to Climate Science, and neither the Earth nor it's Climate will notice.

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:02 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Good one, gc; all that alarm was so much sound and fury, signifying something, but not much.
==========

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:24 AM | Unregistered Commenterkim

EM, making your putrid assertion that good science must be funded by either government or university ignores the extremely well documented levels of bad or corrupt science. Your level of moronic thinking is only matched by the self revelation about your conspiratorial delusions.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:14 AM | Unregistered Commenterhunter

It is dismaying to see that EM after all the evidence still believes the lies about Exxon and relies on laughable conspiracy plots no matter how many times they are disproved. It's like once the cheap veneer of wit he sometimes displays, there is really nothing of any substance at all...just a mediocre troll.

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:20 AM | Unregistered Commenterhunter

Hunter. Don't hold back, just say what you think (about EM's latest statement)!
Does it cross your mind that its a windup and EM gets his kicks from the replies he generates?

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:11 AM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Supertroll, I guess dnftt is more productive. Thanks for the gentle reminder, lol

Jan 15, 2017 at 7:20 AM | Unregistered Commenterhunter

EM: "Could someone here suggest a link to the information that Steyn has released during discovery."

Almost certainly not. If, in a complex case such as this, discovery is done properly and comprehensively, then it will be massive. I very much doubt that anyone, whether in the Court office or otherwise, would be bothered to scan it all into a computer and make it available on the internet. I'm actually surprised how much information about Court cases can be found on the internet by those more skilled than me, but I think it would be extraordinary if it were available via that medium.

Jan 15, 2017 at 9:22 AM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

Jan 14, 2017 at 8:19 PM | Entropic man

You do have a weird sense of humour…

Jan 15, 2017 at 10:25 AM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Radical Rodent & Supertroll

I think EM has just ruled out alternative funding sources for Climate Science, but I prefer EM's sense of humour, now that he realises what a joke climate science has become.

Jan 15, 2017 at 12:43 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Yes, yes, yes, but this is a real man, really coming slowly to real terms with reality. Really, really.

So where is Phil, the VituperaBethative?

Luv ya too, hunter. It's been a long hunt.
=========

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:14 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Kim, thanks. Your literary art is only matched by your keen insights. The hunt is likely to be far from over. The climatocracy eludes reality and defends its position with amazing tenacity.

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:31 PM | Unregistered Commenterhunter

Heehee, it's 'being' a long hunt. But the lizard scales found by the wayside provide fine roasting pans for the occasional bunny snared.
===========

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:41 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Oops, slipped on a particularly shiny one; thems are 'Dragon' scales.
==========

Jan 15, 2017 at 1:43 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Pining for the return of Game of Thrones there eh kim?
Winter is coming.

Jan 15, 2017 at 2:40 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

Heh, St. ACK, I was intrigued about a year ago when someone called the 'Game of Thrones' a parable about climate change. It's almost enough to get me to read the book. I have seen one video episode, which reminded me of second millennium European history more than anything else.
==============

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:33 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

And yeah, Winter is coming.
=======

Jan 15, 2017 at 3:34 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim