Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > COP22 Attendees

Fantastic improvements in your English Casey Adeleye between May 22, 2017 at 8:56 AM and your reappearance here at May 24, 2017 at 8:35 AM. Could it be the New Zealand connection?

May 24, 2017 at 12:23 PM | Unregistered CommenterSupertroll

May 24, 2017 at 8:35 AM | Casey Olugbenga Adeleye

I read this link you provided.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-36139388

It details conflict, and then blames Climate Change.The problem seems to be an increasing population requiring more from the same amount of land and water. It is only natural that people will want to move to more fertile and productive land as resources become incapable of supporting an increasing population. The people on the more fertile land are not going to be happy about other people invading it.

Just because the BBC mentions "Climate Change" in an article, is no reason to rely on it having any relevance at all.

May 24, 2017 at 2:26 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

The cry 'Climate Change' covers up a lot of corrupt governance by those who intend to keep their populations ignorant of the real causes and angry at a false cause while awaiting the payment of climate reparations into their Swiss bank accounts. We are sorry, Casey, that you are so poorly governed and have been fooled into chasing the chimera of anthropogenic climate change.

Now get busy, only you can change that. Don't count on the blue helmets.
=================

May 24, 2017 at 2:38 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Casey

Thank you for your response. My apologies for the delay in responding in turn, but I have been away on holiday without access to the internet, and have only just had the opportunity to read what you wrote.

I am, I think, relieved to see that your organisation did not in fact send 6 people to COP22, though perplexed both that you were given the opportunity by the UN to send that number of people, and equally perplexed that a New Zealand organisation was allowed by the UN to send people to COP22 on your organisation's "ticket," so to speak.

Whilst I am grateful to you for your candour, and for the helpful clarification it offers, I am afraid that so far as I am concerned it simply suggests that the whole carnival surrounding COP22 is even worse than I had first thought.

Others here have responded to the links you offered in justifying your concern about climate change. I don't think I need to add anything further.

May 29, 2017 at 7:20 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

A beneficiary of Youth Crime Watch of Nigeria's transfer of attendance rights at COP22 was Aotearoa Youth Leadership
Institute, so as Casey suggested, I thought I should take a look at them. Attending international conferences seems to be their thing. As with so many of these organisations, I have no doubt they are well-intentioned, but I struggle with the mis-match between being concerned about alleged CO2-caused climate change and a desire to send people all over the world on aeroplanes to talk about it.

For those who are interested, here is their website:

http://www.ayli.org.nz/

It contains this about their executive director:

"Rachel Dobric

Born and raised in South Auckland, Rachel has previously worked for Teach for All and the New Zealand Parliament. She has strong knowledge of multilateral climate negotiations, attending three rounds of UN climate change negotiations with the New Zealand Youth Delegation from 2009-2011, and the side-events to the Millennium Development Goals Summit in 2010 as part of a P3 Foundation delegation. In 2013, she returned to the UN climate negotiations, leading our delegation to Warsaw. In 2014 Rachel attended the pre-session to the climate negotiations in Lima in Venezuela on behalf of the UNFCCC's youth constituency (YOUNGO), and attended the climate negotiations in Lima, and she accompanied our delegation to Paris in 2015. Rachel is passionate about extending the opportunity to attend international conferences to all New Zealand youth, believing them to be both life-changing and invaluable leadership experience. She currently sits on the Steering Committee of the New Zealand Youth Delegation, is a trustee of the Gifted Education Centre, a member of the Fast for the Climate international working group and a member of the YOUNGO Bottomlining Team."

Her twitter profile is "Executive Director @youthleadersnz • Kiwi Croat • Tea-drinker • Vegan • COP Veteran • Feminist"

She does seem to enjoy flying all over the world. I thought this tweet from just last month was somewhat ironic:

"Great to begin my trip to @CANIntl's annual strategy meetings with a low carbon @greencab!"

May 29, 2017 at 7:46 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

May 29, 2017 at 7:46 PM | Mark Hodgson

COP 22 must have been the biggest and most expensive free holiday ever given away.

If the US decides not to fund 97% of Climate Science, I wonder how well attended COP23 will be, if 100% of the Delegates/Party-Goers have to pay 100% of the cost?

May 29, 2017 at 9:44 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Mark's curiosity is a source of wonder and gratification.
============

May 30, 2017 at 5:25 AM | Unregistered Commenterkim

This continues to be curious. Two of the attendees at COP22 under the aegis of Youth Crime Watch of Nigeria are members of New Zealand Youth Delegation Incorporated. One of their co-convenors is...Rachel Dobric. This is what their web-site says about her (http://www.nzyouthdelegation.org/meet-the-2016-delegation/):

"COP22 will be Rachel's seventh trip to COP, hence her selection as an experienced co-convenor this time around. Rachel works in the youth charity sector, determined to ignite youth potential around Aotearoa and provide necessary training and up skilling to allow them to enact change. She strongly believes that attendance at international conferences such as COP are life-changing experience for youth, and is passionate about helping people access these experiences.

Outside of this, Rachel is a member of the international Fast for Climate international working group, a trustee of the Gifted Education Centre, a member of the YOUNGO bottom-lining team and has previously worked for Teach for All and the New Zealand Parliament. "

But Rachel didn't seem to be at COP22 in any of the capacities I have been looking at, whether Youth Crime Watch of Nigeria, New Zealand Youth Delegation Incorporated, or Aotearoa Youth Leadership Institute. Then I found her, described as being "Co-covenor, Faith Association of the Rehabilitation of Street Children and Orphans" yet attending under the aegis of Kejibaus Youth Development Initiative (under whose aegis also attended Ms. Laurette Siemonek,
Policy Team, New Zealand Youth Delegation Incorporated). What a tangled web they weave!

So, who are Faith Association of the Rehabilitation of Street Children and Orphans? This is their website: http://orgs.tigweb.org/faith-association-for-rehabilitation-of-street-children-orphans

It contains this:

"What does the organization do?

We have these objectives:
i. Environmental education.
ii.Youth education on climate change.
iii.Work on energy conservation projects.
iv. Child rights.
v. Rehabilitation Projects for Youth and Orphans.
vi.We assis [sic] the aged in all endeavours.
vii.we organise tree planting and forms of greening to eradicate environmental problems"

[Despite their name, rehabilitation projects for youth and orphans is number 5 on their list - note their top 3 priorities!].

and

"Opportunities for Youth

We want the Youth to be trained income generating projects.
We want to conscientize the youth about climate change and global warming.we ready to offer exchange opportunities. Also, assist overseas volunteers who may like to embark on research projects in Ghana"

They are based at:

P.O.Box SC488,Tema
Church Of Pentecost Box Co 3105,Tema
Accra , Greater Accra

So how does Rachel Dobric attend under their name, and under the aegis of yet another organisation?

Tangled, tangled, tangled....

Jun 1, 2017 at 8:19 PM | Unregistered CommenterMark Hodgson

"So how does Rachel Dobric attend under their name, and under the aegis of yet another organisation?"

Jun 1, 2017 at 8:19 PM | Mark Hodgson

"COP22 will be Rachel's seventh trip to COP, hence her selection as an experienced co-convenor this time around. "

I suppose it would be interesting to know how many different Nations and interest groups she has represented in her seven years of arduous free holidays at someone else's expense, desperately trying to co-convene groups into demanding free foreign travel.

Jun 1, 2017 at 9:33 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie