Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > A temperature timeline for the last 22,000 years

Interesting post from Javier on multi decadal oscillations

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2016/10/07/evidence-that-multidecadal-arctic-sea-ice-has-turned-the-corner/

"The last episode in this fear campaign has been the curious announcement from the National Snow an Ice Data Center (NSIDC) that “2016 ties with 2007 for second lowest Arctic sea ice minimum“, that has been widely circulated despite being preliminary data. The announcement was dated on September 15th and referred to the minimum reached on September 10th, Although their data shows it taking place on September 7. It is curious that when skeptics are told that the Pause is not significant because it is only 20 years long, the NSIDC is making the headlines with a climate claim based on one day’s data."

Certainly the pattern matches recorded history, but not the Consensus approved version.

Oct 7, 2016 at 11:32 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

It is interesting to note that Javier has the grace to accept that the observed trend cannot really be used for predictions projections. All we can do is observe what is happening, and try to guess what it means – my own fear is that it means temperatures are soon to drop, so I do hope that they continue to rise (though the sound of gloating, however misplaced it might be, will get irritating).

I wonder if Mr Clarke has figured out why Mr Huffman only used lower pressures…?

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:16 AM | Registered CommenterRadical Rodent

Radical Rodent, I think Phil Clarke may have had to ask someone higher up the Green Party salary scale.

I certainly don't want temperatures to fall. The world seems so much more habitable, for all species, but it seems we have reached Peak Climate Science Salary, Hype and Hysteria, and what goes up, does tend to come down.

I predict a long period of Austerity in Climate Science Funding, a sharp downturn before it levels off at pre 1990 levels, a sort of reversed Hockey Stick. People will try to recapture past glories by burning lots of fossil fuels in an attempt to increase CO2 levels and world temperatures, despite the fact that no correlation has been proven, because Entropic Man said it was not necessary.

I do so hope the good bits of Climate Science can be saved, but it may be more like looking for a needle in a scrapyard, and 97% of climate scientists are still in denial about getting anything wrong, so they remain as unhelpful and useless as ever.

Oct 8, 2016 at 1:42 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

Well, we could talk about 'Butcher' Mears thumbs on the scale. See Watts Up.
========================

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:31 PM | Unregistered Commenterkim

Kim, would this be the comments from Maue you were referring to from WUWT?

On his website, Mears makes this statement:

"Recently, a number of articles in the mainstream press have pointed out that there appears to have been little or no change in globally averaged temperature over the last two decades.  Because of this, we are getting a lot of questions along the lines of “I saw this plot on a denialist web site.  Is this really your data?”  While some of these reports have “cherry-picked” their end points to make their evidence seem even stronger, there is not much doubt that the rate of warming since the late 1990’s is less than that predicted by most of the IPCC AR5 simulations of historical climate.  This can be seen in the RSS data, as well as most other temperature datasets."

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:31 PM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie

There is a great discussion going on here and in the world in general about climate but nobody wants to hear the truth because then the great discussion and all the blogs would die.

Oct 16, 2016 at 7:16 PM | Registered CommenterDung

Dung, Tax Payers around the World would like to see Climate Science die. This would disappoint Traffic Wardens in civilised society, as they would have to resume their position at the top of the Least Wanted List.

The truth is that the climate is more favourable to life on earth when it is warmer, not colder. The obvious paradox being the density of Traffic Wardens, as they are rarely seen helping the traffic flow, when there is snow and ice about.

Oct 17, 2016 at 12:11 AM | Unregistered Commentergolf charlie