Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Harra's coming BBC Radio SERIES : Climate Nov 16th

@Messenger alert us
BBC Radio 4 Monday 16 November at 8pm-8.30pm Climate Change: The Science A 3 part series

Climate talks typically end in disenchantment and disarray, so will this year's summit in Paris be any different?

In this three part series Roger Harrabin examines the science, politics and solutions of climate. In the first of this series he looks at the science behind climate change.

Predicting the future climate is a pretty tricky business and over the last twenty five years or so its had a chequered history. Roger talks to the scientists about their models and asks if they are accurate enough or should they just be consigned to the dustbin.

He takes tea with the leading US politician who simply won't be convinced of man-made climate change.

He meets the "luke-warmers" who believe in climate change but don't think the planet will warm as much as predicted.

He will also examine the current predictions and how confident we should be.

Nov 11, 2015 at 3:46 AM | Registered Commenterstewgreen

Some comments so far
@James SP said "Roger Harrabin examines the science"..With what..?

@Tomo replied
an old maintenance fitter at a local factory some years back - commenting on some freshly installed, electronics festooned production machinery "we wuz loik baaboons checkin out a space racket" comes to mind - I can't imagine why...

I don't know about anybody else but I find 'wod-jah's presumption to authoritative certainty and consequent pronouncement of judgement very irritating indeed and he's at least an "11" on the sly-o-meter.

Some people try to defend him (on the basis that he's " just doing his job") - but they all seem to be folk who'd like to be interviewed.....
-----------------------------------------

@GreenSand
'wod-jah' knows because the BBC is now capable of carrying out their own scientific audits and analysis!

" Government energy policy changes since the election are likely to increase CO2 emissions, according to BBC analysis."

(StewGreen : The words "according to BBC analysis" were used instead of saying "according to Roger Harrabin's OPINION"
- Elsewhere RH has made it clear that it's him who did the Analysis)

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:00 AM | Unregistered Commenterstewgreen2

link to yesterday's BBC story @Greensand just mentioned

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:02 AM | Unregistered Commenterstewgreen2

OK I know about this prog already cos Harra referenced it in a propaganda piece that Harra constructed 6 weeks ago.
I say constructed cos you can see how he went back and re-edited in the day when the news that he reported DIDN'T actually happen. original version ..new version
- He wanted to do a big piece about Marsha Blackburn speaking out against the Pope's speech to congress as an excuse to MONSTER her and get in some smears against her
..The trouble was she didn't say speak out against the Pope's speech neither before or afterwards.
- If you read through his piece point by point you can spot the dark propaganda tricks he uses to spin the story.
my deconstruction

What concerns me here is that in that piece against Marsha Blackburn he uses the phrase "Speaking earlier this year as part of a forthcoming Radio 4 documentary series "
That leaves room for ambiguity cos you are thinking , "yes if could ask her directly he could check exactly what she meant"
Yet in today's piece uses the phrase "He takes tea with the leading US politician who simply won't be convinced of man-made climate change."

One example of how Harra constructs smear
he quotes her

“I don’t think you will see me being persuaded.”
but early on he has framed her by saying
“she said no evidence would persuade her of man-made warming.”
em no she didn’t. See the difference in the phrases.
..but he ends by reinforcing the misinterpretation
“If no evidence will persuade Ms Blackburn of climate change, that shows how well-founded her views are.”
You will of course remember what he asserts rather than what she actually said

This radio series will give us the opportunity to hear what she actually said ..Athough I guess some clever editing will be used to spin us.

Nov 11, 2015 at 4:31 AM | Unregistered Commenterstewgreen2

Note

"By Roger Harrabin BBC environment analyst"

Not a reporter, editor or journalist but 'analyst'

Harrabin sees himself as a player not an impartial observer. Therefore making it impossible for UK citizens to receive the objective impartial reporting they have a right to expect from their BBC.

Nov 11, 2015 at 2:06 PM | Registered CommenterGreen Sand