Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Did the Tories make a mistake in electing Cameron as leader?

At the risk of being told where to get off, not being a Brit, I would make the ineffably superficial observation that his wife seems lovely, notwithstanding that her daddy is a Big Wind rent-seeker etc. etc. (We can't choose our parents.) Cameron himself is Gen X and they do have a different perspective on things from the now somewhat jaundiced view of the baby boomers. Playing 'Angry Birds' may be all there is to know about him; not a profound thinker but moves with the times and alert to shifts in the public's mood, probably. Whether he grasps the direness of the economic situation in the UK and throughout the West is questionable, but he's not alone there.

Dec 12, 2012 at 7:16 PM | Unregistered CommenterChris M

I didn't say they were (see the first part of my post, where I was careful to say so) - but I'm afraid that the bulk of their support is from disenfranchised working class people who want the immigration policy, and couldn't explain the economics if you threatened them with a dog-turd on a stick.

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM | Unregistered CommenterTheBigYinJames

How would you know? Are they likely to advertise it?

Dec 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM | Unregistered CommenterBitBucket

What happened to you BitBucket? You were quite jolly a few months ago. Now you're a harpie.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:25 PM | Unregistered CommenterTheBigYinJames