Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Peter Gleick Captured at Svensmark Presentation?

I was watching "Svensmark: The Cloud Mystery"

(HERE)

and at 27 minutes, Sir John Mason (of the Met Office) in the audience objects to what Hendrik Svensmark proposes to do. At 27:33 and :34 seconds - no more - a lanky middle-aged man in a blue suit stands up and we see him putting on his jacket.

Is THIS Dr. Peter Gleick? The body is right, the facial shape is right, but the hair is longer than the photos I have googled.... But this can be explained as a consequence of hair growth from perhaps prolonged European travel from his California residence.

These are blurry images. I can't make out the glasses shape (which would help an ID greatly).

As for Gleick's beard, google portraits show his beard gray, but the mustache area black, unlike the video which is mostly black.

So I tried to find an older Glieck photo.

2007 SOURCE

This seems closer.

Does anyone know the date of the Svensmark presentation? I believe the video is from the Finish documentary from 2008?

Anyone care to help in further identifying the "mystery man" at Svensmark's talk?
THANKS.

Mar 15, 2012 at 12:32 PM | Unregistered CommenterOrson

Orson - I have no idea when the video is, but it is almost 30 years since Sir John was Director General of the Met Office. I think he retired at 60, so he must be closing 90 by now. Good to hear he is still going strong.

Mar 15, 2012 at 5:35 PM | Registered Commenterretireddave