Books
Click images for more details

Support

Twitter
Recent posts
Recent comments
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Twitter

After a long and bitter hold-out, I finally gave in and set up a twitter account.

I feel utterly broken and thoroughly demoralised.

I thought the whole world should know that.

Jul 21, 2011 at 3:54 PM | Unregistered CommentersHx

Where did the pressure to join come from? I'm aware that there is such a thing as twitter, but no idea how one would go about it, It seems to be another means of procrastination from the workaday world.

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:51 PM | Unregistered CommenterCumbrian Lad

I resisted for a long time, but I have discovered that it has a use. Many people will respond on Twitter who will ignore an email or blog comment - I think this is because they know it's not going to take up too much of their time.

You'll need to subscribe to Google+ in a year or so too...

Jul 22, 2011 at 7:56 PM | Registered CommenterBishop Hill

I've got 2 Guardian environment journos, 2 IPCC authors following me allready. What other medium allows easy accessible chat with unreachable journalists.. r

Jul 22, 2011 at 8:13 PM | Unregistered CommenterBarry Woods

That first sentence sounded positively creepy Barry!

Jul 23, 2011 at 10:06 AM | Unregistered CommenterCumbrian Lad

Cumbrian Lad, it all happened because of Murdoch.

The Guardian said the hacker group, LulzSec, which found Murdoch dead during a historic prank, also claimed to have downloaded 4 GB of Sun emails, and that LulzSec would start releasing them. Naturally, I was very excited.

But when no release of emails occurred at the appointed time, it became natural, again, to revert to doubt. So I signed up to twitter to ask the question that I wish some other twit had asked: why don't you show us a few juicy emails to prove the deed?

In the last three days, I've sent (I think they went through) a grand total of 3 twits. The first one was a test. The other two were for LulzSec and AnonymouSabu about the Sun and the alleged NATO hacks, respectively.

I also clicked on the 'follow' button for those two plus another person whose name eludes me now. I can find out exactly who I've been following with the click of a button right now, but I am worried that people may mistake my surrender as an enthusiasm to get on with the program.

My twitter hash tag is @_sHx_ and my message to all of my potential followers is, "don't follow me, I'll follow you".

Jul 24, 2011 at 8:10 AM | Unregistered CommentersHx