Books
Click images for more details

Twitter
Support

Recent comments
Recent posts
Currently discussing
Links

A few sites I've stumbled across recently....

Powered by Squarespace

Discussion > Curious Steve Mc Interview

When Mr. McIntyre was put on the New Statesman "50 people who matter" list, a NS journalist, Patrick Osgood, wrote in the comments to the article that he had interviewed the heroic man.

But the article he promised never appeared.

I stopped checking back for too long and see it has now been independently published on Osgood's blog. He seems to have lost his job within two weeks of said interview.

Maybe there's no mystery and you've discussed this already. It's a light and positive piece.

http://patosgood.blogspot.com/2011/01/conversation-with-stephen-mcintyre.html

(Sorry, I have no idea how to create hyperlinks here, and failed trying a few times.)

Mar 10, 2011 at 4:21 PM | Unregistered CommenterFergalR

Fergal,
Mr Osgood discusses your concern in a comment at the above link.

As to creating hyperlinks, it's not too bad, but hardly automatic. One inserts HTML before and after the text which you want to be the clickable portion. The HTML is hinted at below the "Post" box in the Post Your Reply section.

The format is:
left-angle-bracket a href="your-link-URL" right-angle-bracket your-text left-angle-bracket /a right-angle-bracket

where left-angle-bracket should be replaced by

Spaces within the angle brackets should be irrelevant. [Sorry for the verbosity above; if I use the actual symbol, then the post gets created with an actual link.]

Use the "preview post" feature to see that you've balanced the a's and the /a's. With Internet Explorer (at least), if you hover the mouse over the your-text part, the status line at the bottom of the screen will show you the link URL. I think you get the same result from Firefox, but the machine I'm on at the moment doesn't have that, so I'll leave you to experiment if that's your browser.

Mar 14, 2011 at 2:27 PM | Unregistered CommenterHaroldW

FergalR Thanks for that link, I'd never heard of that interview before.

Mar 30, 2011 at 3:04 PM | Unregistered CommenterThe Leopard In The Basement